And I was also thinking how nice it would be to run another competition for readers...
And then I had a light-bulb moment and thought, why don't I have a competition to find the official Dear Dylan book trailer? After all, who better to capture the heart of a book on film than someone who has read it, feels passionately about it, and wants to create their own, visual interpretation of it?
I've run a lot of competitions over the years but none have got me this excited.
So here's the fun LARGE PRINT STUFF before I get on to the official Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or under
- Trailers must be between 60 and 90 seconds long
- Entries should be sent to: siobhancurham[AT]yahoo[DOT]co[DOT]uk by Monday 9th July 2012
- The winning entry will become the OFFICIAL DEAR DYLAN BOOK TRAILER and will be used by myself and my publisher, Electric Monkey to promote the book
- The winner will also receive a £1oo Amazon voucher and a signed copy of Dear Dylan
- The two runners up will each receive a £25 Amazon voucher and a signed copy of the book
|Fancy making the official Dear Dylan trailer?|
Please have a good read of the Terms and Conditions below before entering and, if you have any questions, then please feel free to email me at: siobhancurham[AT]yahoo[DOT]co[DOT]uk
I really cannot wait to hear from you!
Terms and Conditions
By entering this competition you agree to the following:
1. All entries must be received by Monday 9th July 2012
2. Entrants must not be employees (or members of their families) of Egmont UK Ltd, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the draw.
3. Parent or guardian’s permission is required for entry into the competition for those under 16 years old.
4. Only one entry per person allowed. No bulk or third party entries accepted
5. No purchase necessary.
6. Consumer data will be retained for the duration of this promotion and will not be used for any other purpose.
7. Entry to the competition is via: siobhancurham[AT]yahoo[DOT}co[DOT]uk
8. The promoter is not liable for non/late receipt of entries due to website or server failure.
9. The winner will be notified by email by Monday 30th July 2012
10. The prize entitles the winner to an Amazon voucher to the value of £100. The two runners up will be entitled to Amazon vouchers to the value of £25.
11. No cash alternative will be offered.
12. The name and county of the winner will be made available at www.thefadedbookmark.blogspot.com after Monday 6th August 2012
13. The winner may be required to participate in related publicity. The winner also agrees that video selected may be used for promotional purposes.
14. The winning entry will be chosen by a panel, including Siobhan Curham and a professional film-maker, and the winning entry will be the trailer deemed most compelling in the opinion of the judges. The judges' opinion is final. No further correspondence will be entered into.
15. The promoter is Siobhan Curham.
16. Any unlawful, obscene, pornographic, harmful, threatening, sexually explicit, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, racial and/or ethnic slurs, hateful content, or otherwise objectionable material, including profanity and/or redacted profanity (symbols, such as * and #, used in place of letters), as we determine in our sole discretion, is prohibited.